Things To Do
Church Retreats and
Galveston or Surfside?
Military Thank You
Places to Eat
Things To Bring
CHECKING IN AND LEAVING HOUSE
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. Please allow housekeeping time to prepare your vacation home properly. Please don’t go inside until 4:00 p.m.
Check-out time on Weekday Specials is 10:00 a.m. So that we can prepare the house for the next family we must ask that you be out of the house by 10:00 a.m.
Check-out time on Weekly rentals is 11:00 a.m.
Check-out time on Weekend rentals is anytime Sunday evening. If you wish, we can usually let you stay Sunday night and leave Monday morning at no additional cost. If you are able to stay until Monday morning, please be sure you are out of the house by 10:00 a.m.
REFUND OF SECURITY DEPOSIT
Your full security deposit will be refunded within two weeks of your check out date if:
- You have not had more people or cars on the property than the maximum number of people or cars shown for your house below.
- There is no damage or excessive cleaning required because of your rental.
- House is left in the same good and clean condition in which it was found.
- Trash is placed in outside trash containers and containers are rolled to the street.
- Dishes washed (your house will have a dishwasher).
- Satellite and TV remote controls are left by TV.
- If you’ve used the Linen Option, all linens and towels are placed in
the provided laundry bags.
- You've checked out on time.
- You had made prior arrangements with us if you were going to have any pets in the house.
- You or your guests did not drive or park on the grass. (This damages the septic systems).
- You’ve returned both keys back to us. Either returned them to the lock box, or mailed them
back if you received them by mail.
Because of the quality of our houses we cannot rent for parties or to minors. We work very hard to maintain a quiet family atmosphere. Any use of the house for purposes other than family vacations must be addressed at the time of the reservation.
The maximum allowed in each house or on the property is shown below. If this maximum number is exceeded you may be asked to leave without a refund.
SECURING YOUR RESERVATION
When you reserve a house we must receive your security deposit plus 40% of the rent (including taxes) within five daysin order to hold your reservation. Your payment can sometimes be broken up into two payments if it is worked out ahead of time.
We are required to collect a 10% Hotel-Motel Tax. This isn’t as bad as it might be. Galveston charges 15% and Houston now charges 17%.
Your remaining rent (and taxes) must be received 30 days before your date of arrival if you are renting a 1 to 5 bedroom house and received 90 days before your date of arrival if you are renting a 6 to 9 bedroom house.
We do not charge a $50 (or $57.50) reservation fee. If you cancel your reservation we do not charge a $50 cancellation fee. We do not charge 3% if you use a credit card.
RESERVATIONS FOR NEXT YEAR
If you wish to lock in a specific date and house for next year, we are happy to accept advance reservations. We will need to receive the security deposit and 40% of the rent within five days.
We do not charge advance reservation fees. If you elect to cancel we do not charge a cancellation fee. But, we do abide by the cancellation policies shown below.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
We understand that there can be unforeseen emergencies that could cause you to cancel your reservation. We'll try to work with you to resolve the situation. However, please note our cancellation policy:
- Cancellations for a 1 to 5 bedroom house received 30 days or more prior to date of arrival or for a 6 to 9 bedroom house received 90 or more days prior to date of arrival will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations for a 1 to 5 bedroom house received fewer than 30 days prior to date of arrival or a 6 to 9 bedroom house received fewer than 90 days prior to date of arrival will receive a full refund if the house is rented for the original amount. If we rent the house for a reduced amount, you will receive a refund for that amount. If we are not able to rent the house you will not receive a refund.
- We do not charge a $50 cancellation fee.
- We do not give refunds for early departures or inclement weather.
- In the event a hurricane should threaten the Village of Surfside, a refund less prorated rent will be offered for those rental dates directly affected by a mandatory evacuation order only.
- Utility outages (including satellite-TV) occur occasionally at the beach and are out of our control. We will report the outages; however, no refunds will be given due to outages.
Pets are wonderful. But, they require a lot of extra cleaning. Therefore, we must collect the following additional cleaning fees prior to your stay: Dogs less than 10 pounds — $50 per dog. Dogs less than 25 pounds — $100 per dog. Maximum of two dogs. We are unable to allow cats, birds, or dogs over 25 pounds. We are unable to allow any pets in the Buccaneer, Texas Coral, Texas Star, Texas Giant, or Gulf Giant.
If a pet or evidence of a pet is found without prior arrangements your security deposit will be forfeited. If your pet is disturbing others you will have to remove him (or her) from the property.
AMENITIES & REPAIRS
All of our houses have air conditioning, satellite TV, DVD player, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, dish-washer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, pots and pans, dishes, utensils, and an Old Smoky charcoal grill.
Despite our best efforts to keep things working, at times we must wait for parts or service. Please bear with us during these times. Please report break-downs as soon as possible and we will make every reasonable effort to resolve the problem. However, under no circumstances will there be a reduction of rent for any failure of air conditioners, appliances, or amenities.
SHEETS, BLANKETS & TOWELS + OTHER THINGS TO BRING
We do not furnish sheets, blankets, towels, paper goods, toilet paper, or soap and cleaning supplies. If you wish, we can provide linens and towels for an additional charge which is explained on the Pricing page.
Our web site has a Things To Bring page that can be printed and may be useful.
If you have any questions about vacationing at Surfside Beach,
or if you would like to reserve one of our houses,
please call us at 713-995-6111, or go to Contact Us.
Beach Front Properties
Quality beach houses since 1981